Friday, January 13, 2006

No more split peas--or is it wheat?

Poor Baby E. Apparently something I ate today is having quite the bad effect on her. She's miserable.

She is so tired, and will fall fitfully asleep (whimpering, trembling, and squirming in her sleep) as long as I'm holding her. The sudden episodes of quick breathing and twitching really unnerve me, but don't seem to wake her if I'm holding her.

If I put her down she is awake and screaming immediately. She acts as though her tummy hurts worse if it gets close to level with her stomach.

I ate a moderate amount of wheat today, and we had split pea soup with sausage for dinner. So I'm not sure if it's the split peas (which I suppose are related to soybeans, aren't they?), the spicy sausage, the wheat, or something else that's bothering her. I'll have to either avoid all possible suspects, or avoid them all for a week or two and then challenge them by eating one at a time to see if they bother her.

Anyway, I'm up. So I replied to a few comments and posted an update about the letter I received from the Airborne company in my earlier Airborne post.

Now I'm going to see if Baby E will let me sleep at all.

[Update:]<We both got to sleep finally around 7:30 a.m., after much more whimpering and nursing, and having dozed off briefly occasionally for an hour or so.

This morning she has diarrhea and a spotty rash. She's quite fussy, too--obviously this is not comfortable.

I really hope we stop finding new food intolerances soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Running2Ks said...

Poor little one. It's hard to figure out all of the food issues. But you are taking the steps needed to help her. HUGS to you!

7:47 AM  
Blogger Sparrow said...

Yikes...that sounds kinda scary...

3:35 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Thanks, R2Ks.

Amy: Yes, it is a bit.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home