Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Ruff, The Dog Who Loved Pancakes

We had pancakes for breakfast this morning. While we ate, AJ told me a story about a dog who loved pancakes.

It was so detailed and she told it so smoothly and with such excellent syntax and transitions that I thought maybe she'd read it somewhere. But, no, she said, she was just making it up as she went along.

"Once there was a dog named Ruff, who really loved pancakes. Every day he would go searching for pancakes. He would look and look until he saw someone with a pancake, and then he would JUMP UP and try to get it. And whenever he tried to get a pancake, he got it. He really loved to eat pancakes.

One day Ruff was walking down Maple Street looking for a pancake. Suddenly, he looked up and saw two girls talking to a pancake seller . . . "

I got her to tell the story into my phone for Blogger, but the second telling missed out on a lot of the best parts. She got a bit flustered talking into the phone, too.

Still, I think it's a great little story. Hearing her tell it is very cute.

this is an audio post - click to play


Another tidbit: Yesterday AJ said to me, "Mommy, it really makes me feel wonderful when you smile at me."

2 Comments:

Blogger ccw said...

Precious!

I love the bonus quote. That is such a wonderful compliment.

7:13 AM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Thanks, CCW. Yes, that made my day when AJ told me that it makes her feel good when I smile at her. It reminded me of a scnene from one of the All-Of-A-Kind-Family books, too.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home