Thursday, November 30, 2006

Pointing Thataway

----> In an attempt to find some way to keep myself occupied/distracted while nursing in a way that requires no brainpower, committment or real engagement, I've started cataloguing the books I own in LibraryThing. It's a fun little widget.

----> I recently wrote an article called Making the Most of Internet Searches that might be helpful for somebody somewhere. I used searches relating to corn allergy as examples, but the concepts are much more widely applicable.

----> Submissions to Pediatric Grand Rounds are due by Saturday. I've enjoyed reading it often and taking part in it once. Now I'm trying to decide whether anything I've written recently (or plan to write in the next few days) would be appropriate to submit for consideration this round.

----> It's not something I can link to, but I wanted to say a big thank-you to my friend JT (fellow journalism major--yes, that good friend) who has volunteered to care for the older girls during Baby E's EGD next Friday. Thank you so much.

----> I'm really enjoying my food blog, Restricted Gourmet. Not only does it allow me to write down the recipes I create in a place I know I'll be able to find them, but it's turning out to be helpful to others too. People are commenting that they like the recipes, which is nice.

I'm starting to have people e-mail me questions and comments or ask for help in substituting various ingredients. Hopefully I'll get a chance to post some of those this week. That's so exciting to me. It makes me feel that I'm contributing something valuable to others.

----> The other day M&M said to me, "Mommy, why are you always cleaning ever-wee-thing all the time?" It made me think of this.

----> Last night AJ said, "Mom, when I grow up I want to be a wise, kind and helpful person. Do you think I can be that?" Yes, sweet girl, I think you can. You already are, more than you know.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such lovely girls, and their mom is all the things AJ would like to be too!!!!!!!

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home