Monday, December 04, 2006

Better, Thank You

A couple of people have asked how I'm feeling today, so I thought I should post a quick update about that.

#########

I'm much better today, thank you. I'm still very tired and not feeling well, but I was at least functional once I got up and going today. I even managed to hardly cough at all while we were at the hospital.

I wasn't as energetic in entertaining the kids as I would have liked to be, but the hospital had comfortable chairs and I was even able to lie down on a bench for a while as the kids played nearby.

It seems worst first thing in the morning and in the evenings, as is often the course with illnesses. Driving home tonight was when it really started to hit me again.

All this thinking about aspiration seems to make the drainage and coughing more bothersome, too. Kind of like thinking about itchy things. *chuckling*

Now DH is home and willing to take over with the kids so I can rest. I'm so very thankful for him.

P.S. DH commented that he experienced a bit of "cognitive dissonance" reading my two posts yesterday, and was amazed that I could do so much research and technical thinking while that sick.

As most people would probably guess, I didn't actually write the post on allergy testing yesterday--it was one I'd been working on for a week or two in draft format. No superpowers here. :)

I reworked it slightly this evening and added quite a bit more information I'd gathered but forgotten to put in earlier. It's nice to be able to work at the computer while nursing Baby E.