Sunday, December 03, 2006

Sick

I've spent most of the past two days huddled under a blanket, trying unsuccessfully to get warm while nobody else feels cold, avoiding light and noise whenever possible, and keeping the tissues and the bathroom nearby.

A friend from church who called to check on us yesterday said that there's a virus going around that starts with intestinal symptoms and then moves into bronchial cold/cough-type symptoms, and you feel like you got hit by a mack truck for a couple of weeks. That would fit the course of this illness. I'm pretty sure that whatever I have isn't just a common cold.

DH has been holding down the fort here while I try to rest, drink lots of fluids and get well. Yesterday I slept for most of the day, and today I slept until noon and then have been hunching around resting, but not sleeping. I'll try to sleep again soon.

Tomorrow I have to be functional. I need to take the three girls to the children's hospital for Baby E's sweat test and then hopefully a barium swallow test and another test for reflux. I'll call first thing in the morning to see if they can fit us in with radiology after the sweat test; if not we'll have to go back for those two tests later in the week.

DH took the girls to the library yesterday, so they'll have some new books to keep them occupied during the long day at the hospital. I'll try to get together some toys and snacks to take along, too.

But right now I'm going to drag myself back to bed.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you are not feeling well this weekend.. When we have been there in the past we were able to get in for the barium swallow on the same day. With Izzak he had to have not eaten anything for a certain amount of time (can't remember how long)though. If they didn't give you those instructions you probably should call to find out if they need her to be fasting. Good luck with the tests tomorrow though. I really hope that everything goes well for you and Baby E tomorrow though!

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh! I hope you get better soon! *HUGS*

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is hard not feeling well and having to be functional. I hope that your day goes as smoothly as possible.

12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck today with Baby E's tests!

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending healthy thoughts your way. I hope you feel better!!

Hugs and chicken soup.

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with that sweat test.

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home