Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Give Me Flowers

M&M: I'm ignor-wing AJ. Hmph.

Me: Why are you ignoring AJ?

M&M: Because she won't talk to me.

Me: Oh, I see. You don't like what she's doing, so you're doing it back to her?

M&M: Yeah.

Me: Is that working? Does it make her want to talk to you?

M&M: No. It's not working ver-wy well.

Me: What do you think would make her want to talk to you?

M&M: I don't know.

Me: Why don't you ask her? Maybe she'll tell you.

M&M: AJ, what would make you want to talk to me?

AJ: [pause] Maybe if you gave me flowers.

Me: What?! AJ, why did you stop talking to M&M?

AJ: Because I want some flowers. I think flowers would be nice. I miss spring.

Me: AJ, I don't think refusing to talk to someone is a good way to manipulate people into giving you things.

AJ: Oh, okay.

The two girls ran off to play, leaving me to hope that AJ's approach to problem-solving will have changed somewhat by the time she gets married.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, maybe I should try that one;)

9:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

She is picking up the expectation of mind-reading (shades of both John Gray and Deborah Tannen) at a distressingly early age - but majorly cute!

Regards - Shinga

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL.....

You mean it's not a good idea? ;-)

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home