Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas

By the time I put away the soup I'd made and eaten by myself for lunch and did a few other necessary things, it was almost time for Baby E to wake up. I could barely drag myself around, though, so I decided to lie down for as long as I could anyway.

I don't know why I'm so tired. I'm not really that sick. I seem to be getting over my cold, but I'm so extremely fatigued and I keep feeling dizzy and faint, which makes it difficult to motivate myself to do anything that's not absolutely necessary. The pain in my back and shoulder is still there, but not at a level that I would normally let slow me down. Usually it takes a lot more than this to slow me down.

It seems kind of silly to let minor things like this stop me from doing anything, and it's unusual for me. But for some reason this time it's brought me to a screeching halt. I don't know why. I'd much rather be out having fun with the rest of the family.

Anyway, I attempted to take a nap while Baby E was sleeping. I laid there for a while listening to my sinuses pop and thinking about what we might do together as a family when DH and the girls got back.

Just as I was dozing off, the phone rang. It was DH calling to say that SIL The Mentor and Science Teacher BIL had issued an invitation for games and movies at their house after the singing time at FIL's nursing care center.

DH offered to come home and get me and Baby E, but a number of factors made that impractical. He also offered to just come home and stay here instead of going, but just because I'm exhausted and Baby E and I have colds doesn't mean we have to ruin the rest of the family's Christmas. It sounds like a lot of fun and I want them to be able to be there. I briefly thought about asking him to have everyone come here instead, but since we have no food and it's a 45-minute drive for everyone each way, that didn't seem practical either.

So Baby E and I are here alone for the evening once again. She's wide awake and busy, so a nap is out of the question. She's having a blast playing with her new doll.

I thought about calling my parents and sisters, who don't celebrate Christmas and are probably home, but they can't be around anyone who has a cold because of my mom's health issues.

I really should work on cleaning up the various messes left by cooking and festivities. I just don't have the energy, although I'll probably manage to do some of that later this evening. I suppose I should cook something for Baby E and myself to eat. We'll probably just have leftover turkey vegetable soup again. I could probably come up with some kind of holiday treat, but that sounds like a lot of work for just Baby E and me. It makes me even more tired just thinking about it.

I'm sure I can't be the only one home doing nothing on Christmas Day. Is anybody else out there tonight?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

just wanted to wish you merry christmas!

greetings from Sweden!
John

5:05 PM  
Blogger Pilgrim/Heretic said...

I'm home doing nothing, and loving every minute of it. Merry Christmas!

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're here, playing with marbles and lamenting the lack of open ice cream shops tonight.

I hope you get some rest -- it sounds like you could really use it.

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm around too...we were at my SIL's house today, but had to come home before the party was over because my husband gets up at 2:00 am to go to work. Talk about a buzz-kill (knowing you have to get up several hours BEFORE the crack of dawn).

I'm glad your party on Saturday was a success!

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good time with just you and E. I am trying not to be depressed about money right now. So much so that I refuse to even be honest about it on my blog. I haven't even GONE there.

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

I am so glad I read your blog tonight.... because I had my turkey carcus on the stove and totally forgot about it until I read your blog! Phew! You saved MY SOUP! :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love good soup. I was too tired to make it today though... maybe tomorrow. I hope you're feeling better and enjoyed your time. Merry Christmas!

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No wonder you were tired, after your birthday and a major get together on Saturday! Happy Birthday!

Personally, I think we should extend the Christmas celebration to include the whole 12 days of Christmas. I know there is New Year's Eve, but it seems there is so much hanging on December 25 that it shouldn't be over then, that there should still be open houses and get togethers, for the whole 12 days, which can happen even if people have to get back to work.

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

I hope you're feeling better. I'm concerned that you're having dizziness. Big hugs.

2:45 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Thanks so much, everyone. It was nice to know others were around yesterday too. DH has the day off work today, so I'll probably rest as much as I can, and maybe I'll even get a chance to get out of the house by myself for a bit.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home