Thursday, January 04, 2007

Pie for Breakfast

DH is feeling better and is hoping to go to work today, depending on how he feels after he showers and gets ready for the day.

I have a raspy throat, runny nose, cough, headache and all-over body aches (although the body aches are pretty normal for me). I cannot afford to get sick. I just can't.

The kids loved the pumpkin pie for breakfast. Baby E ate the one sweetened with rice syrup, with no eggs, and kept asking for more. The older kids preferred the one with eggs and honey. It only has a half-cup of honey in the whole pie, so it seems pretty healthy to me.

I just finished loading and unloading the diswasher, then I'm going to do a load of laundry and get dinner started in the crock pot.

By then, hopefully the kids will be dressed and I can take them and get the rest of the grocery shopping done before my cough gets any worse. I don't want to be exposing random people in the store to whatever we have.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm new to your blog, so I hope you don't mind my random comments!

I think you're sleep deprived and that's why you don't feel so well! :)
Can you send the two older girls to grandma's or your sister's for the afternoon and night for an overnight "fieldtrip"? If I were your doctor I would then prescribe you to go to bed and not get up for at least 9 hours (or however long you could convince Baby E to let you sleep!)

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi PK,
I hope you don't mind me asking but, have you had your immune system tested? I was shocked to find out how low mine when I had my Diagnos Tech comprehensive panel done. Here I go with the candida thing again (you're probably ready to tell me to bug off) but it's another common domino effect o the condition. It really seems like the saying about health starting and ending in the gut is true... Anyway, it may be something to look into. That, along with adrenal exhaustion. I know that I would pick up every stupid little germ and a simple cold could knock me right into tomorrow.
BTW, cheers to you for coming up with some tasty recipes. The sausage casserole and pies sound wonderful and I'm glad the family likes them!
Take care!

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm! Lots of beta-carotene and vitamin C!!!

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better.

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have been a busy bloggin' bee....I'm WAY behind..

(hugs) - hang in there

6:36 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Diane, welcome to the blog! My mom is immune compromised due to a kidney transplant, so being around toddlers and preschoolers at all during cold season, and especially with influenza in the household, isn't a good idea for her. My sisters both live with my parents.

But I love the idea of prescribing sleep. :) DH is feeling better now, so I should be able to get a bit more rest.

Tara, both Baby E and I have been doing the Candida treatment. For a variety of reasons, I think it likely that she has a lot of Candida overgrowth, but I'm not convinced I do.

I think my issues have more to do with stress and lack of sleep and other basic self-care at this point. That and that I've been daily exposed to the flu for about a week now. :)

I have had my thyroid and a bunch of other things tested. I'm not sure about "immune system" tests, though. What kind of test is that?

Liz and Mommyham, thanks. I am feeling slightly better at the moment, though I feel I'm going to crash and have to go to sleep soon.

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home