Sunday, February 04, 2007

Riding the Night Mare

I had nightmares all night last night.

I dreamed we went to the Superbowl party after church today, and everyone was eating popcorn and corn chips. The smell of popcorn was heavy in the air. The floor was littered with corn crumbs. Baby E was wandering around trying to pick up the crumbs and eat them.

I woke up before the allergic reactions started, but I knew they were coming. In my mind's eye I saw her breaking out in a rash, flailing and screaming in pain, perhaps struggling to breathe as her face swelled.

This is the stuff of nightmares in my world.

Unfortunately, it's also the stuff of reality in the waking world.

If they have corn chips and popcorn at the party this afternoon, Baby and I will be leaving.

Labels:


4 Comments:

Blogger Liz Miller said...

If you have to leave, come back and e-mail me. We're not going to any parties or anything.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

What a scary dream! I can't even offer the standard, "oh, it's just a dream. It's nothing to worry about."

But, I send my (((hugs))) and best wishes for a corn-free, soy-free party, crumb-free party!!

2:38 PM  
Blogger ccw said...

I'm so sorry that your dreams are even filled with worry about allergies.

I hope the party is a safe place for you both. If not, I hope you have a great time at home with your beautiful little girl.

6:33 AM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Thank you Liz, Amy and CCW. We had a really good time at the party--and there were no corn chips.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home