Tuesday, April 24, 2007

"Just" Tendonitis

After an examination and some x-rays, the Dr. L decided that I have tendonitis in my ankle. He gave me a more sturdy support boot for it and instructions to alternate heat and cold on it, elevate it when sitting, and take ibuprofen.

"It should be better in a couple of weeks," he said.

Dr. L said that sometimes tendonitis can hurt worse than other types of injuries (i.e. sprains or breaks). He wasn't kidding.

He said I won't damage it further by walking on it--it just hurts. I can handle a little pain if I know I'm not doing permanent damage by using it. With the new boot, I can even walk gingerly without more than an occasional yelp.

Dr. L was also happy to learn that I've been able to gain Eight! Whole! Pounds! That puts me at 105 lbs. 105 is a distinct improvement over 97. I am feeling so much better. I can't remember the last time I had a dizzy spell, I have more energy, and just feel better overall. I just have to eat like a sumo wrestler to do it.

Labels: , ,


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, how terrible that sounds! And how brave you were to keep the kids calm in all that pain. I'm glad the new support boot is giving you some relief.

I have ankle tendonitis and yes, it can be very painful. In fact that reminds me I should follow up on the physical therapy referral my doc gave me. I wasn't having any pain the week of my checkup, but I knew it'd be back, and sure enough it is.

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you're OK! I agree, pain is much easier to deal with when you don't have the fear of further injury to worry about. People never believe me when I say I'd rather have natural childbirth all over again than a root canal (which my understanding dentist gives me double novocaine and nitrous for, plus a Xanax!), but it's the fear that'll do you in.

Hey, maybe now that you have to rest up more, your weight will continue on a nice healthy upwards swing. I wish you lived nearby, you are an Italian housewife's dream, I love to cook for people who need to eat! (I'm the chef of choice at church for people with food allergies, too!)

Or, you know, I could just try and email you the last four pounds I need to lose to reach my goal weight. No no, don't thank me, it would be my pleasure ;) Glad things are looking up!

10:43 PM  
Blogger ccw said...

Sorry about your ankle but congratulations on the weight gain! I am so happy that something is going your way where health is concerned.

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home