Thursday, July 19, 2007

Prayers Needed

DH's dad is in the hospital again.

They thought he was having a heart attack when he was rushed to the hospital this morning. Then the doctors were saying pneumonia, but now it appears to be something with his heart. Apparently he's having fibrilliations or tachychardia. I don't know if this is related to the problem with his heart valve not opening enough or not.

His last round of chemotherapy for the multiple myeloma seemed to go well, but now this. I'm not sure exactly what's going on, actually, or how serious it is. I'm hoping we'll get more information tomorrow when we go by to see him.

FIL and MIL will have to miss the big family reunion this week, which is quite a disappointment.

Obviously we're all quite concerned about FIL. Please keep him, MIL and the rest of the family in your thoughts and prayers.

Labels:


12 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I will be praying. That's so scary.

(hugs)

9:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You FIL will be in our prayers. My Dad had a valve replacement two years ago so I completely understand your concerns right now. Keep praying, and know that God is in control.

But I know it's tough. Been there, done that. :)

9:16 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I empathize greatly. My prayers are with you all.

10:00 AM  
Blogger debangel said...

I'm sorry...that's so scary. And why does stuff like this have to happen at the worst possible time? When my mom was on chemo, she was doing well for awhile and then had a reaction to it and ended up on a ventilator for a week..and had to cancel her (Catholic) Church wedding to my dad that they'd waited 35 years for. (I called the priest and he performed the ceremony in her hospital room!) Anyway I understand the insult on top of injury very well. Maybe someone can videotape messages to your MIL and FIL at the reunion so they can feel like they were part of the celebration?

Your FIL will be in my prayers, and your DH, too. You're never grown-up enough to lose a parent, IMHO.

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will keep him in my prayers.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Keeping him in my thoughts.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Becci said...

Thinking of you guys!

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are praying for you all.
Love,
Mom

7:58 PM  
Blogger KLee said...

You have our prayers, and wishes for a speedy (and easy) recovery for him. You also take care of yourself, okay?

1:05 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

I will be sure to keep you and your family in my thoughts.

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this. Your family is in my prayers.

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear this. I'll definitely pray for him.

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home