Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Adjustment

I went to the chiropractor today. Both shoulders, especially the left one, were pretty badly out of alignment, along with quite a few places in my spine and other joints. The chiropractor had a hard time getting one shoulder to stay in place, because it wanted to pop out again as soon as she had adjusted it.

I'm pretty sure I injured the shoulders carrying some really heavy grocery bags Friday night and then aggravated it more by being too active this weekend (doing things like cleaning off the back porch) and not resting it, which made it a lot worse. By Sunday night it was really forcing me to pay attention. :) Hopefully I caught it and went to the chiropracter soon enough that it will heal relatively quickly.

###########################

Thankfully my mom was able to come over and watch the girls while I went to my appointment, and then DH was home to take care of things tonight. I sure wasn't in any shape to be doing much of anything tonight. Poor E-bee desperately wanted me to hold her, but I couldn't manage it. I had to ask DH to take her out of the room because it was just too painful to have her tug on my arms and try to climb on me.

At the moment I'm pretty well not able to lift anything or raise my arms much, but I'm hoping that if I can manage to sleep tonight and avoid using my shoulders too much tomorrow (ha), things will improve. At least typing doesn't involve lifting anything or raising my arms. :)

I've been lying down a lot this evening, but haven't managed to doze off yet. Not being able to roll over makes things interesting since I usually sleep on my side for at least part of the night.

If I can just make it through the next few days, I have hope that once things settle down from the adjustment it might help me feel better overall.

I have an appointment with my naturopath next week, too.

OK, enough typing. I'm going back to bed.

Labels: ,


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it always "you never know how much you use something until you can't"? :)
Hope you're feeling better soon!

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home