Friday, July 18, 2008

Summer Smiles

We've had some great things to smile about this week. First, our newest niece was born (to Musical Family from Overseas).

Baby S

Isn't she adorable?

We've had several births, a wedding, and lots of great family get-togethers this summer.

Also, my friend Dr. A is getting married. Hooray! I'm also excited that I get to be in the wedding. I've been cake cutter, punch server, gift attendant, etc. many times, but this will be my first time actually being in the wedding party in a wedding other than my own. I'm the matron of honor, and I'm so . . . well . . . honored. :) M&M is going to be the flower girl and AJ will be doing something, too; possibly being the guest book attendant.

One of our neighbors is having a garage sale and offered to let us put some things out to sell, too. It's such a blessing to me because I have some things I wanted to take to consign, and just haven't had the energy. I definitely wouldn't have the energy to run a garage sale myself right now, so being able to put some things over at the neighbor's sale is great. I took over our old crib and about 3 big bags of clothes, and a few miscellaneous other things. It's so nice to be able to get those out of the house.

After taking things over to the sale yesterday, though, I was exhausted. Thankfully my friend Morning was understanding when she came to visit. After she left, I ended up spending much of the afternoon lying on the couch. At least from there I was able to supervise the kids and direct them in picking up their things and getting ready for their end-of-VBS performance that evening. DH brought take-out Chinese food home for dinner. Thanks so much, Honey!

The performance was very cute, and they did a great job. It was especially nice that my dad and sisters and Dr. A were able to come see the kids' little program. That means so much to them. My mom can't go to things like that because of her compromised immune system (kidney transplant), but sent her love.

Tomorrow we have the family reunion for my mom's family. That will be nice . . . I'm really hoping I'll have enough energy to get through the weekend. Right now I'm completely out of spoons.

Labels: , , ,


3 Comments:

Blogger Poetic Painter said...

What a precious picture!

3:56 PM  
Blogger CalvaryGirl said...

Congrats on your new neice! Babies are such a blessing from the Lord. I'm assuming that mom and baby are both doing well now and healthy, PTL! A I'm sitting here in tears after reading that link. What a precious story and for knowing you for so long, I can imagine it being the story of your life. No one should have to live like that, yet you handle it with as much grace as is given to us. You are such a precious example to me, I love ya hon.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Sparrow said...

Did you make it through the weekend? I'm glad SisJ and I went home early with you--Mom and Dad were able to go visit Grandma and Grandpa afterwards and I got to take a long nap! This week is busy, busy for me since I'm working at the Deaf school all week. Yesterday my back did better than I expected even though I was on and off the floor and the little 1st grader chairs, but today I'm pretty stiff.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home