Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Big Girl

Me to DH: "Hmmm, things seem awfully quiet up there. I'd better go check on Ebee."

DH: "Good idea. Too quiet is never a good sign."

Ebee: "Mommy! Mommy! I washed mysewlf!"

Me: "Oh, um, good? Uh, what were you washing off yourself?"

Ebee: "Well, I went potty. But I cleaned it aw up."

Me: "Oh, ok. Where did you go potty?"

Ebee: "In the dadoom, right here on the foor."

Me: "Oh, so you had an accident on the floor, but you cleaned it all up. Thank you. What did you clean it up with?"

Ebee: "I washed it wif dis coth (indicating a very wet washcloth on the counter). And I put my pants and underwear in here (indicating a towel bundled up on the floor). I ceaned it aww up! Now I'm gonna wipe my doddum and det some clean clothes."

Me: "Wow, you're such a big girl. Thank you for cleaning it up. Next time something like that happens, feel free to ask for help. I'd be happy to help you. But you did a pretty good job. You're really growing up. I'm proud of you."

Ebee: "Yes, I'm a grown-up now. I growed and growed and growed, and den I was all growed up. Now I'm as old as AJ!"

Well, not quite. But she's definitely not a baby any more.

Labels: ,


4 Comments:

Blogger Liz Miller said...

Wow! That is a big girl!

6:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It sounds like she did great! What a big girl!

1:38 PM  
Blogger CalvaryGirl said...

LOL! That is precious. I love those days!

8:54 AM  
Blogger ccw said...

This is absolutely adorable! I cannot believe how big she is getting. (I'm trying to stay in denial since it means mine are younger, too)

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home