Friday, December 12, 2008

Update

Today I'm going in to the doctor to get my neck/head pain checked out. I've had a really localized pain in the back of my head between my skull and neck for about a month now, and it's getting worse. Getting my eyes and teeth checked and prescriptions updated, etc. didn't seem to help, so I'm going to have them check and make sure it's not something like a disk problem in my neck or something actually wrong with my head.

I expect it's probably just a bad muscle spasm or ratiating TMJ pain, but it's unusual for me to have really localized pain that lasts so long like this. Usually it moves around more and is more generalized.

Despite the fact that my pain levels have been hovering between about a 6 or 7 for the last several weeks, things are going amazingly well here.

I've been having much less trouble with the dizziness, weakness, and foggy "out of it" feeling lately, and have even been able to start driving again. I only need the cane when I'm going to be doing a lot of walking or standing around now, too.

Things are going very smoothly with homeschooling now that we've adjusted to our new schedule. Between help from various people and the old family friend who is coming in to help out twice a week, things have become much more manageable. We're all feeling a lot less stressed out and are enjoying our home, family and friends. Finally, we're starting to feel like we're getting out of "survival mode" and really enjoying life again.

Mira's training is going incredibly well, too. She's even been able to go with us to restaurants and behave herself very well. We're applying to an owner-trained service dog program that will help to train and certify us as a team.

Overall, life is really good right now.

Labels: , , , ,


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

We met when you were visiting the doctor yesterday. It was fun talking with you and learning about Mira's training. That training program is a brilliant concept. From my observation, you are so lucky to have found Mira--she seems sweet-natured, gentle, and very smart.

I hope we meet again.

Janice

7:32 AM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

I'm so glad that things are going well (aside from pain...I wish that were gone).

HUGS!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

I was just reading The Yarn Harlot, who linked to her friend Lene's site, who linked to an article she'd written for Health Central about parenting with a chronic illness (in her case, Rheumatoid Arthritis), and of course, thought immediately of you.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Sparrow said...

So glad things are going well. They are for me, too! Haven't been feeling real well physically, actually, but got really good grades this term! Just posted about it on my blog, finally. ;-)

Did you find out about the neck pain? What did the dr. say? I was suppose to have my four-hour appointment with OHSU today but they cancelled b/c of the ice.

5:10 PM  
Blogger CalvaryGirl said...

I hope your day went well today. What did the dr say? You've been on my mind lately. Glad that things seem to be aettling down again. Have I given you the link to my blog?

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home