Thursday, February 10, 2011

Inside Voice Indicator

I accidentally discovered a great tool for indicating to the kids that they've forgotten to use their inside voices. I bought a "key finder" that beeps when you whistle.

It never did make it onto my keyring. We discovered quickly that a high-pitched loud child's voice will set it off. So now it lives in the family room.

It's great because it's completely non-judgmental, impartial, and it turns itself off after a few beeps so it's not terribly annoying. It's just an indicator to the kids that they have allowed their voice to get too loud and high, and need to tone it down.

Now often they shriek or yell, it beeps, and they say "Ooops, sorry," and tone it down without my having to say anything at all.

Labels: , , , ,


3 Comments:

Blogger Liz Miller said...

That is AWESOME.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Oh, we so need one of those!

Where did you get it?

10:54 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

I don't know where I got it, actually--I've probably had it for a while and just found it on my desk when decluttering. But the link in the post is to where you can buy one from CVS. :) I might have gotten mine at Walgreens or somewhere like that.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home