Saturday, October 02, 2010

The Answer is Still No

Ebee was trying to convince me that she's old enough (at age 5) to stay home by herself.

I said, "You're not old enough to stay home by yourself yet. What would you do if there was an emergency?"

"I'd call 9-1-1," she said.

"But what if you needed help fast, before 9-1-1 could get here?"

"I'd run out of the house and go to a friend's house."

"What if there was a fire?"

"I'd stop, drop and roll."

"And what would you do if you were choking and couldn't call 9-1-1 or walk?"

"I don't know."

Of course the answer would have been no anyway, but I did manage to come up with a few more scenarios she agreed she wouldn't be able to handle without an adult. :)

Labels: , ,


3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

I like how you did that -- all rational scenarios. Not only is she learning why she needs supervision, but also how to handle situations for when she doesn't need supervision.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

What Kevin said. Excellent parenting!

7:43 AM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Thanks. :)

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home