Sunday, August 07, 2005

The long-awaited photos

Finally, here are pictures of Baby E. These were taken indoors, most of them at the hospital in poor lighting, so they're not all that great. But here they are anyway.

Baby E and me just before we left the hospital:



More . . .

Look at those chubby cheeks!





Those last two pics were taken the day she was born.

Here she is at a day old:





Going home at 2 days old:



And at three days, asleep in her crib at home:





Today we had our postpartum visit at the hospital. At 4 days old, Baby E has already gained 4 ounces from her official hospital birth weight (she'd gained weight before we even left the hospital!) and now weighs 9 lbs. 1 oz.

Yesterday and today she was awake for quite a while in the morning and afternoon, and last night she slept all night except for feedings every 1-3 hours during the night. She's very quiet and alert when awake, and has even smiled randomly a few times. Twice she's broken into a big grin and actually laughed in her sleep. I can't wait until she starts doing that while she's awake.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most beautiful baby. What a healthy little girl!

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the great pictures. That is one chubby baby! For a second I thought she looked like her sister M, then the next picture was very much like her daddy. I know she'll change every day. Can't wait to meet her in person in a few weeks! Love, Aunty R.

10:25 PM  
Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

How gorgeous! :) Thank you so much for putting these up. She looks great. So sweet!

4:39 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

So sweet! I love her little cap.

5:41 AM  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

She is so cute! I love the chubby cheeks! I can't believe she is just born in those pictures, though, she looks so perfect.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

What a sweet little pumpkin! She is just so precious.

10:11 AM  
Blogger KLee said...

AW! How cute is she?! I *love* baby pictures! You almost make me want to have another one! Nah....

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela,

She is beautiful! Babies everywhere (My friends have had babies 7/26, and on 8/4 in addition to yours and we have one more expectant friend due this week!)

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is well worth all that waiting she made us do! Beautiful job! I am glad to hear of both Mom and Baby settling in well.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, she's soooo beautiful! And you're right, she doesn't look like a newborn. So adorable.

5:30 AM  
Blogger jo(e) said...

This makes me want another baby.

I just love newborns.

She is just beautiful.

9:39 AM  
Blogger jo(e) said...

This makes me want another baby.

I just love newborns.

She is just beautiful.

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, she's adorable! I can't wait to meet her. I hope you are feeling well! Congratulations on your new little girl and your blue ribbon at the fair!

6:51 PM  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

She's so gorgeous, PK! I guess the advantage of going late is that she doesn't have that smushed new baby look!

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home