Monday, August 01, 2005

Are we really ready?

We were out for lunch with some of my family today, and I suddenly got extremely dizzy, lightheaded and uncomfortable. When eating and drinking didn't make it go away, I called the midwife. She told me some things to try and to watch for, and then asked me how I felt about being induced.

I don't want an actual induction at this point, but decided we will probably try stripping the membranes at my appointment tomorrow if I'm still pregnant by then. She seems to think that with as much prelabor as I've been having and being quite a bit dilated already, etc, that may bring on the baby tomorrow. Or, this dizziness etc. could be a precursor to labor (it was with my first baby). That would be exciting!

So my assignment for today is to rest up, eat well and drink lots of fluids. Maybe, just maybe, we'll have a baby tomorrow or the next day. All of a sudden it feels like I have a lot to do before the baby comes and we're not really ready yet! We'll see how everything goes between now and tomorrow.

I have kind of mixed feelings about the membrane stripping and would be interested in anyone's input/stories about having that done.

4 Comments:

Blogger Running2Ks said...

If your midwife is recommending it, you must be a good candidate. It doesn't work if you aren't ready to go, and if you aren't GBS+, no problem. It didn't work in my case one bit, but what the heck.

2:59 PM  
Blogger KLee said...

I was induced with my daughter, and while it meant that I jumped into labor with fists flying, it also meant that I was only in labor for about three hours, and I only pushed for 45 minutes.

So, inducing wasn't really the trial that I thought it would be.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

I was induced with pitocin...I don't think they stripped my membranes, I'd remember that wouldn't I?

Fingers and toes crossed for you.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Actually, it feels no different than them checking for dilation--sometimes the membranes are stripped (by doctors) without your permission and totally without notice.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home