Thursday, September 22, 2005

Baby Gymnastics and Kindergarten Baking



I love peaceful days at home.

Life seems to be starting to stabilize now that Baby E is 7 weeks old. She seems to be over the worst of the colic and is generally happy.



She loves to sit in her bouncy seat or reclined high chair to grin and coo at the world. If I lay her on the floor, she does baby gymnastics while she enjoys the scenery.

She's wearing a 3-6 months size outfit in these pictures--and it runs large.
I'm really glad she's not constantly demanding to be held, since her floppy weight of over 13 lbs. is already giving me back pain. Now if I could just get her to sleep consistently for most of the night . . .



Incidentally, I have now come to the conclusion that Baby E is the most adorable, charming and talented baby in the universe. Of course, I may be just slightly biased.



The two older girls are, of course, the most incredible preschooler and kindergartener ever, too.

Today they asked for muffins at lunch, to go along with their chicken noodle soup and red grapes. I needed to feed the baby, so I measured out the ingredients and cracked the egg into the bowl. Then I let them make muffins all by themselves. They were thrilled.



They poured and mixed, then filled the muffin cups. I was tempted to help them, but other than coaching I managed to stay hands-off until it was time to put the pan in the oven. I didn't even redistribute the batter to make the muffin cups more even. To my amazement, the girls even managed to fill the muffin cups while spilling only a few drops of batter--no more than I would have spilled if I'd been doing it.



The muffins turned out beautifully. The girls were proud of themselves and I was even more proud of them. They're great cooks.

7 Comments:

Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

That lil baby is soooo cute!!! Could just eat her up!!

Wow, good job on making the muffins girls!! They look great and I bet they taste even better!!

7:11 PM  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Baby E really is adorable. And I'm so impressed with A and M! My son couldn't follow my directions to make muffins if I promised him a suitcase full of Thomas trains as a reward. We've got some listening issues, here...

7:57 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Thanks, Shelly and PS! I read your comments to the girls.

PS, it was a Jiffy muffin mix so that cut out quite a few steps. :)

12:29 AM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

That is a happy day. Baked goods and smily babies.

5:03 AM  
Blogger Jane Dark said...

An adorable baby. And adorable muffins, too, which is to say, smart kids.

6:31 AM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

I'm so impressed by those muffins! Wow! And your sweet baby is soooo delicious!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Sparrow said...

Wow, good job to A & M! And those pics of Baby E are soooo beautiful! Wow! I am going to put one on my blog. :-)

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home