Thursday, September 29, 2005

Love, Me.

My husband has been doing a series on his blog about songs and music that have been meaningful in his life. I was thinking today that there are several songs that have been meaningful in our relationship.

When we were engaged, there were a lot of really sweet, romantic songs popular in the country music sphere. We used to listen to country music stations on the radio, flipping back and forth to find the "good" songs.

For my birthday, the month before we got engaged, DH bought several CDs and burned our favorites and a few new ones he liked into a compilation of love songs for me as a gift. I still have that CD.

We would reference our favorite songs a lot in our interactions . . . quoting or singing bits of them to each other, putting phrases into our letters, etc. One of our favorites was a song by Colin Raye called Love, Me. (You can listen to a little clip of it here.) We still often sign notes to each other that way as an allusion to the song.

The chorus goes:

If you get there before I do.
Don't give up on me.
I'll meet you when my chores are through
I don't know how long I'll be.
But I'm not gonna let you down
Darlin wait and see
Cause between now and then, till I see you again
I'll be lovin you
Love, Me.


Sweetheart, I'm still lovin' you.

Love,

Me

2 Comments:

Blogger ccw said...

How sweet! I love that song.

If I were to post the songs that remind Mr. S and I of one another everyone would think we are mental and that we don't really like one another. We are odd that way!

6:47 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Oh my goodness, im gushing here! How sweet is that!
Although my husband is romantic, he would never do anything like that for me :(

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home