Saturday, September 24, 2005

Where's that time-stretching machine when I need it?

Baby E must have really worn herself out crying yesterday (as well as wearing me out). She slept from 12:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. last night. Her first official "sleeping through the night"--woohoo! I hope it continues.

I, on the other hand, was up until 2 a.m. trying to get some of the most basic household tasks like dishes and laundry done. Not the most productive time to work. But since I'd spent 90% of the day tending to baby E and pumping, and the other 40% taking care of the other two girls, and then we went to some friends' house in the evening, not another thing got done. (Yes, I know that adds up to more than 100%--I often do more than one thing at once. :) )

I had an all-day women's leadership meeting for my church today, and Baby E did great at it--hardly made a peep the whole time. On my way home I stopped at a church garage sale and they were getting ready to close up, so were letting people buy as much as they could fit in a large plastic garbage bag for $1, plus giving away a lot of things free. I got as much as would fit in my car for $10. I tried to stick to name-brand items in great condition, but they were about to close so I didn't have time to go through it all carefully.

I can't wait to go through it and see what I actually have. I know there is a pair of roller skates, some Western-style footwear and a lot of Ralph Lauren/Izod/Liz Claiborne type of clothing. Some of it we'll be able to wear and some I'll give away or sell.

Lately I'm trying to restrict myself to not do anything else with the things I've purchased until I get them into my spreadsheet and money program. I keep track of what I bought where and how much it costs on anything I plan to resell, for tax purposes. The rest of the stuff doesn't have to be so itemized, but still needs to go into our money program under the correct date and place of purchase, payment type and budget category. I'm not exactly sure when I'll find time to do that. Hopefully tomorrow evening, perhaps?

I need to go through the things I'm selling and decide whether I'm going to try to sell them myself or send them to my trading assistant, donbeth, who sells things for me at a 50% commission. She lives in Texas, so I'll have her donate whatever she doesn't sell to hurricane relief. I was hoping to get a box packed up tonight to send her, but only got about 1/4 of the way through it.

We plan to start official, more structured (and hopefully planned-ahead) homeschooling on Monday. A friend loaned us the Weaver curriculum for preschool and kindergarten, and I plan to supplement that with other things. The only problem is that I haven't had a chance to go through and plan out the first week of classes yet. I need to make sure we have all the supplies we need and I'm prepared to teach the lesons. So I'll probably be trying to do that tomorrow as well. I had great intentions of doing it earlier in the week over several days, but the best-laid plans . . .

Baby E has been really fussy again tonight. She keeps dozing off briefly and then waking up crying, and wanting to nurse a lot. DH is very tired and went to bed some time ago. AJ is sound asleep, but MM is still lying in her bed wide awake. We have a church picnic to go to tomorrow after the service, so I hope we all get some rest. I still need to reboot the laundry and make sure we have clean sippy cups ready and clothes laid out for tomorrow before I go to bed.

I think I'm going to skip the dishes tonight if it looks like we have enough clean things for breakfast. I don't know how we generate so many. I know---bad, bad FlyBaby to leave the sink unshined. I'm breaking one of the cardinal rules of FLYing! But it is technically DH's turn to shine the sink on Saturdays (he went grocery shopping, took the kids out to lunch and to the gas station, read to them and baked cookies with them today, and might have done a load of dishes at some point earlier in the day), so I'm not really skipping out on my job by leaving it undone today, right??? :)

Has anyone invented a method to add hours to the day yet? Or to be more productive on less sleep? That would be nice, wouldn't it?

3 Comments:

Blogger Sparrow said...

Yay on Baby E for sleeping through the night! I hope she repeats it tonight. So fun to be getting ready to start school! :-)

12:06 AM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Oh you multitasker. You do so much! Yay for Baby E too!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

"be more productive on less sleep"

I think that may require the use of illegal drugs, so we just won't go there. ;)

Yay for sleeping through the night!!! Too bad you couldn't/didn't take advantage by getting some extra shut-eye, too. Next time... okay??

One of the great things about homeschooling.... it's no big deal when you start. I'm sure you'll get the proper curriculun in regardless. You don't strike me as the type to skimp when it comes to the girls.

You do so much. ::sigh:: Is it bad for me to be envious of your productivity? Thanks for the FlyLady link! Maybe now I'll catch up to you someday. ;)

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home