Thursday, December 22, 2005

29 years ago today (Eleventy-One Things #36)

I was born here in my hometown.

Twice.

I came out blue. The cord was wrapped around my neck and the doctor had to push me back in.

This was after a very long painful labor in which my mom had just completed many hours of being flat on her back, being told not to push because she wasn't quite dilated to 10 and the doctor wasn't in the room yet.

She was so miserable my dad kept telling her to go ahead and push, but she wouldn't disobey doctor's orders. "I can't! I don't want to hurt the baby."

Finally my dad went out in the hall, literally collared a nurse, and informed her that she was going to go in there and tell his wife it was okay to push. The nurse, after protesting several times that she couldn't do that, finally did.

I was born almost immediately after that.

Now that I've given birth three times, I really feel sorry for my mom. Also, the longer I've been a parent the more I appreciate the job my parents did.

Thanks, Mom and Dad.

Happy Birthday To Me!

Eleventy-One Things About Me #36.

7 Comments:

Blogger Running2Ks said...

Happy Birthday to you, you young lady! Welcome to the world (29 years ago)!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Happy Birthday, little one! (Waving from the grand old age of 36)

And many happy returns!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Happy birthday, PK!!!

5:30 PM  
Blogger ccw said...

Happy 29th Birthday!

I hope your special day is wonderful!

6:39 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Thanks for the lovely birthday wishes!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry I'm late. :)

2:34 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Thanks, Kevin! Glad you stopped in--I've missed you. :)

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home