Sunday, March 26, 2006

Husband Points

DH stopped to get yesterday's mail on the way home from church today. As he came in the front door, he said, "Well, I'm disappointed in this magazine."

Looking over his shoulder, I saw that he was holding a copy of babytalk magazine.

"Why?" I asked, "What is it this time?"

I was expecting a comment about the female-centric, father-devaluing articles these magazines so often print (such as How to Use Toddler-Parenting Tricks, Reverse Psychology and a Witholding/Award System to Manipulate Your Husband Into Not Acting as Dumb as We Editors Think Men Really Are).

Instead, he sighed heavily and said, "There's an article on The Coolest Mama-Blogs, and yours isn't mentioned anywhere. It should be here."

I have no illusions of grandeur, but it's nice to know I have a fan.

5 Comments:

Blogger Liz Miller said...

Your husband has great taste.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

Stopped by to say "Hi" and I also get a chance to say....

Your husband is right. :)

3:57 PM  
Blogger Sparrow said...

LOL!!!

10:17 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Thanks, Liz.

Dani, it's good to see you. I keep checking your blog for an update, but I guess I could e-mail you, huh? LOL

LOL yourself, Amy!

12:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi again, PK!
I really thought I was going to keep up with the blogging thing, but... eh. It didn't happen. Probably for the best, though. The computer just seems to eat away at my life if I let it. I'm not very good at doing things in moderation. :)

I've been meaning to drop you a line for a while (if you could read my mind, we'd have it made, lol!). The perfectionist in me tends to kick in when I don't have enough time to do things 'right', and I end up not doing it at all. ::sigh:: ***note to self: must work on that.***

I've done a little reading here at the Purple Puzzle Place and it seems like you've been a busy bunch! I'm glad to hear that all is well.

xoxo

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home