Saturday, April 01, 2006

Fearful Flu

A friend called me this evening to tell me about her teenaged sister who is very sick with an influenza virus that's going around this season.

She has a 104 degree fever and is completely unresponsive--won't even flicker her eyelids. She's been in the hospital since this afternoon, where they have her on IV fluids. There's a flu medication they can give her, but it's oral and they can't give it to her at this point because she can't swallow.

Please pray for her.

5 Comments:

Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

omg, that's awful. :( i will keep her in my thoughts.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

How awful. I'll be praying.

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. That is terrible. I will be thinking of her and wishing her a speedy recovery.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Sparrow said...

Have you heard anything more? I called the hospital last night and they were resting, but the nurse said she was "doing okay", so that's good.

7:15 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Thanks, all. She is out of the hospital and doing better now. It looks like she will be okay.

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home