Sunday, June 04, 2006

Cheater Pants

I didn't get very far on tidying the living and dining room area last night and today. By the time I tidied the most important areas of the house, cleaned out the hamster cage, and cleaned the bathroom, I only had time to check for hazardous items that should be picked up.

But any guest has a straight line of vision coming in the front door to that area piled with clutter. It's embarrassing, and I'm tired of looking at it. Plus, I was worried about the kids (my own and the guests) playing in there.

So I cheated.

I got a hammer and some nails, and hung makeshift curtains over the doorways.

I'll work on the rooms more next week, but for now it's nice not to have to look at them.

The slapdash solution is allowing me to relax and enjoy our guests more.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

You didn't cheat, I think you are brilliant. House keeping will wait, babies and children won't. If the curtain helps you relax and enjoy those around you then you good for you!

6:26 AM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Excellent solution.

1:21 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

It really is nice to be able to just pretend those rooms aren't there. We rarely use them anyway, so I'm going to leave the curtains up for a while until I get the rest of the downstairs decluttered and feel ready to tackle them.

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home