Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Dec 26th

I had to get up at 6 a.m. for a dental appointment this morning, so when I got back DH let me sleep from about 10 till 3. That was really nice.

I just had some lunch and since all the kids are resting, I'm actually thinking about going back to bed again. Sleeping the day away doesn't sound all bad. :)

I made some mini-loaves last night with rice, teff and tapoica flour and acorn squash, with lemon juice and baking soda for leavening. In case anyone was wondering, those particular flavors do NOT combine well. Teff is pretty good with chocolate, though.

I'm trying to develop a good gluten-free yeast-free bread recipe, but that's a bit stiffer challenge than I had expected. So far I've made combinations with a fairly good texture or a fairly good flavor, but not both at once. :) I'll keep trying.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

PK, Have you had a chance to make a serious plan to combat that candida yet? Your fatigue/brain fog is most likely related to the condition itself or die-off (google Herxheimer's for more info) if you are on yeast-busting drugs and a diet void of sugars and carbs (yeast feeders). Green drinks and/or lemon water, dry brushing, sauna-induced sweats and ionic foot baths can really help move those toxins out faster so you regain energy quicker. Also, have you been tested at all for heavy metals? It seems like those who suffer from candida and have heavy metals really struggle with chronic fatigue like symptoms.
Best wishes for a healthier New Year.

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your comment about a dental appointment made me think of this site. Don't know what your situation is with fillings, etc. but thought I'd pass this along on the slim chance it may help you.

http://www.alternativesmagazine.com/36/tanner.html

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, texture or flavor...what a tough choice!

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home