Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Better and Worse

I definitely seem to be recovering from the virus now. My cough andmost other symptoms seem pretty similar to those of the rest of the family now. They've all been over the worst of it for some time now, but a mild cough and congestion seem to keep hanging on.

Now, however, we all have a bit of an upset tummy and no energy whatsoever. M&M seems to be the only one escaping so far, although she's acting tired and complaining that her legs hurt again today.

Nobody's actually vomiting, but nobody feels like eating or doing much of anything else. Except for M&M, who keeps climbing on everyone begging them to play with her or take her outside to play in the snow (3 or 4 inches and growing!). Both of the older girls have spent most of the day lying in their beds reading library books, but now M&M is going stir-crazy.

I feel much better than I have for the last few days, though. I'm just worried about the kids, and so tired of having a sick family.

Baby E is acting strange and has had a flare-up on her cheeks again the last few days. I don't know how much of it is allergies and how much is illness. We're supposed to meet with the new allergist in Neighboring State on Thursday; hopefully the roads won't be too bad by then.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugs and more hugs.

Here's a game for M&M that she can "play with you".

You sit on the couch (or lie on your bed, whatever) and have her stand in the middle of the room. She is a leaf. You are the wind. She has to move like you say. Turn! Spin! Jump! Fall! Roll!
I guarantee she'll be exhausted and you'll still be okay.

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you all are finally getting over this!
Any chance you could email me the name of the allergist? I know the blood tests for Kenzie came back showing no food allergies but I know that isn't 100% also I know she has more environmental allergies and I really need to figure it out.

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll be praying for strenth and a quick recovery for everyone.

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope this one listens to you! They should be grateful to have such informed, smart patients.

Hope you all feel better soon.

12:16 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Liz, what a great game. Thanks for the idea.

my4kids, I tried to e-mail you and it bounced . . . can you drop me a line?

Thank you, B in Portugal. I appreciate your prayers.

JF, I think this allergist is one who listens. Hooray!

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home