Thursday, January 11, 2007

Blog Business

****Updated--I fixed the title/navbar issue--see below for details.****

DH fixed my comment-update script so that it ignores anonymous comments. This helps to cut down on having conversations show up in the sidebar as updated discussions when really it's just spam on old posts.

For those of you who aren't spammers but don't have a blogger or google account, the best way to make sure your comment doesn't get ignored is to use the "other" option instead of the "anonymous" option when commenting.

To do this, just select the "other" option and type your name, screen name or whatever you want to call yourself into the "name" space.

You can leave the "web page" space blank if you'd like, but if you put your blog address in there it makes it easier for me to come visit you.

A couple more notes:

Amy at Experience Imagination helped me figure out how to modify my template script so that when you click on "read more" from the main page of my blog:

###########

. . . you should now be taken straight to the spot where the post continues, instead of starting all over at the top of the post again. Thanks, Amy!

That brings me to another request for help. Recently I'm suddenly having problems with the Blogger Navbar (the one with the search and next blog options at the top of the page). It keeps eating my blog title or half-hiding it.

Does anyone know how to fix this easily without losing the navigation bar?

****Update: This page tells how to fix it. I just added style="margin-top:55px;" to the body tag, that that worked great. 40 pixels might be enough for most templates.****

Now all the kids have just (finally!) fallen asleep, so I'm going to try to catch a quick nap too. They are feeling a bit better today, though everyone is still fussy, whiny, coughing and under the weather.

Baby E in particular was really miserable last night, resulting in maybe at most one or two hours of broken sleep for both of us before the other two got up for the day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool, I'm glad it worked for you!

I'd ask for the spam solution, but I guess not enough people know about me yet because I've only ever gotten one spam comment. I suppose I should be counting my blessings, huh?

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home