Monday, January 15, 2007

PGR and the Breath Spa

Almost at the last minute, I decided to submit my allergy testing & treatment post to Pediatric Grand Rounds. The host, Bryan Vartabedian, M.D. of Parenting Solved, did a nice job with this edition. The posts are always interesting to read.

Shinga, whom I "met" through PGR some time ago, has some great tips posted at Breath Spa for Kids about managing coughs and congestion. Her blog is not only interesting to read, but also a great resource. I really enjoy reading about the stories and games she uses to teach respiratory health to kids.

AJ had her own advice for me last night. "Mom," she said in her most soothing tone, "Here's what I do to try to keep from coughing. I forget about it and think about something else, and I keep my mouth closed. You could try that. Maybe it would help."

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

AJ's advice is great - particularly the bit about keeping the mouth closed!

Regards - Shinga

11:11 AM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

I thought of you when she said it. I knew you would approve. :)

I have been making a point to keep my mouth closed, especially when resting, even more than I normally would because of reading your blog. Thanks for all the helpful information you post.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home