Monday, January 08, 2007

"Nothing but water"

I finally got a straight answer from the compounding pharmacy about the nyststin today. Not only is the stevia extracted in alcohol, but the compounding pharmacy also adds glycerine and xanthan gum to the nystatin suspension.

After all those times I called and they said, "No, it's just Nystatin and water . . . there's nothing else in it except a little bit of pure stevia."

I even asked my doctor to specifically call and ask about glycerine in the nystatin formulation, back in mid-December. I asked them if there was glycerine in it myself on multiple occasions, too, and never got a straight answer.

Of course, they claim there's no corn protein in any of the ingredients.

Baby E's immune system could care less about their claims that "there's nothing in there that could cause an allergic reaction for anyone, ever."

I'm not going to give her any more of this until the plain nystatin powder arrives.

What do you suppose the likelihood is that the eczema on her cheeks will clear up? I'm guessing pretty high.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOOh. The frustration!

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are the medieval torture devices when you need them? Seriously, I'm betting it's a good thing for those folks that you weren't there in person.

Do you need a bloggy posse to go down there and put some fear into them?

5:57 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Yes! The frustration!

A bloggy posse would be nice. Seriously, sometimes it would be tempting to post these companies' phone numbers and sic the posse on them that way.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home