Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Sick House

We've had some miserable illness in the household for almost 2 weeks now. My guess is that it's influenza or some similar virus.

Current status:

###########

DH finally seems to be over the bug.

AJ seemed to be getting over it, then relapsed. Still, I think she's on the tail end of it.

M&M is in the throes of it.

Yesterday she was saying, "I'm not sick. I'm just really, really tired. And my head hurts. And my legs hurt. And my knees hurt, and my toes hurt, and the light is too bright. I'm just a little bit hot, and I can't walk very well. I just want to take a nap. But I'm NOT sick! I just keep coughing because my throat is dirty, that's all. Not because I'm sick. I'm not sick at all."

Today even she has to admit she's sick.

Baby E started acting like she wasn't feeling well last night. Now she has a fever and cough and is obviously feeling awful.

I spent quite a bit of time this morning with all three girls piled in my lap in the little rocking chair, rocking and singing to them. Now we're hopefully all going to take naps. I think I'm going to have to end up holding Baby E for her to sleep at all, she's so miserable.

I never did get the full-fledged illness when I thought I was coming down with it last week. I slept for about 24 hours straight this past weekend and felt very fatigued and achy, but I'm not sure if that was illness or just the natural result of the way I'd been pushing myself for the few weeks before that.

I do find it interesting that Baby E and I have been the last and/or mildest to get sick. Maybe all that uber-healthy food and complete lack of refined sugars has strengthened our immune systems.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope everybody's all better soon.

We've been keeping humidifiers going in both bedrooms and that seems to be doing a good job of keeping us (relatively (compared to last year)) healthy.

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you've hit it right on the head with the sugar comment. More sugar = more candida = less immune system.
Way to boost your health! Hopefully you won't have a single ache or pain next time around.

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to laugh at your comment on what M&M said that is really cute.
I am sorry you guys have been fighting this bug for so long that really stinks, but I am glad you and Baby E are getting it the mildest since you 2 are the ones usually feeling the worst. I hope everyone starts feeling better soon!

9:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Liz is right - adjusting the air quality can make a surprising difference to reducing the impetus to cough and irritating airways.

Regards - Shinga

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing that we theorize has helped prevent colds from hopping from person to person at our house is for each person to have a different hand-towel in the bathroom. On the other hand, there are only 3 of us at my house, so available towel rack space and extra laundry produced may prove to be more of an issue. --Kathy

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home