Thursday, May 24, 2007

In Memoriam

P.Y.
Died May 10, 2007 at age 52

P.Y.

His memorial service is today. Yesterday I was sorting through some things and found this unfinished sketch I'd made of him years ago. I must have been doodling while sitting behind him at a church meeting.

I'll probably give the sketch to his widow at some point, if she wants it. Today, I suspect she'll be overwhelmed just dealing with the service and all the condolences from friends. This will be the first time I've seen her in several years, although we've talked on the phone a few times recently.

A friend from church is going to watch my kids so I can go to the memorial service. I'm baking cookies to take. It seems such a small thing, but I'm glad I can do something to help.

Labels:


3 Comments:

Blogger Maddy said...

I know that feeling when you come across an unfinished piece [especially if it's unexpectedly, rather than looking for it]
Best wishes

4:58 PM  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Sorry for your loss. My hears goes out to his family.

5:29 AM  
Blogger ccw said...

So sorry.

I'm sure his widow will appreciate the sketch.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home