Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Not a Baby

As we look through photos from our trip, the girls enjoy pointing out each person and saying their names.

Baby E can identify everyone readily: "Bapaw, Memaw, Daddy, Mommy, AJ, M&M . . . "

But when she comes to herself, she insists it's a "Baby." We ask her who the baby is and she just repeats "Baby."

When we tell her "That baby is E!" she shakes her head adamantly.

"E?" she says in disbelief. Then she laughs as though we're trying to pull a fast one on her. "No! Not E. Baby! E, no. Dat baby."

Because, E, of course, is NOT a baby. Obviously, that baby in the picture cannot possibly be E.

I wonder who that baby is?

Labels:


4 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

You know, from your recent posts ("be careful" "I will mommy"), I've recently been wondering how long before Baby E will just be E. My how time flies.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Rena said...

what a cute story. I love the picture of the three girls in red dresses on your sidebar. That's a winning shot!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

How funny. My daughter is just the opposite. She refers to herself as "Baby," especially when it's in the possessive ("Daddy chair, Baby chair").

She knows her name and will tell you if you ask, but she doesn't use it herself.

1:19 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Kevin, the only time we really call her a baby any more is on my blog. I may have to change her pseudonym soon.

Rena, thanks! That photo was taken last year.

Amy, that's funny!

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home