Friday, August 01, 2008

Diagnosis: Sisters

sisters
(Me, SisJ, and Sparrow, with Dad in the background--photo taken by Mom)

My little sister Sparrow was diagnosed with fibromyalgia yesterday. I really feel for her as she's sorting through the mixed feelings that come with a diagnosis like that.

That makes three out of the three of us who have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia (Sparrow), chronic fatigue syndrome (SisJ), or both (me). Add Mom with her hereditary kidney failure (and subsequent transplant), and we make quite the family of spoonies. At least Dad is relatively healthy. And there's something of a silver lining in all of us being able to really understand and support each other as we deal with chronic health issues.

It's a good thing I married a man from a very healthy family. Hopefully his good health genes will come out strong in the kids. :)

Labels: , ,


4 Comments:

Blogger Lori Laws said...

Purple Puzzle,

Hi. I left a comment on Sparrows blog, and then read your comment as well. I was curious and came here...glad I did! No, chronic illness isn't easy, but not impossible either. On one of my blog posts I wrote about "Treasures of Darkness". In our dark times, God is using them to develop certain things in us...ways to prepare us for His purpose.

Continue to be blessed,

Lori

7:16 AM  
Blogger Sparrow said...

(((hugs)))

11:04 AM  
Blogger ccw said...

Many hugs to your sister! I'm glad that she has such a wonderful and knowledgeable support system.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Hugs and prayers to you all!

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home