Monday, July 28, 2008

Flushing

I came downstairs to find AJ with her head in the sink.

"If you'd like a drink of water," I said, "you could get a cup in the kitchen."

"No, I was flushing my eye," she said. "I got soap in it."

Me: "Oh! Are you ok? Did you think of flushing it with water on your own, or did Daddy tell you to do that?"

AJ: "Well, once I read the back of the soap and it said that if you get soap in your eye, you should flush it with water. I always like to read the backs of things."

M&M: "Flushing!?!? What's flushing your eye?"

AJ: "Flushing your eye means running water through it until it's clear of soap. Mom, did I do it right?"

Me: "You did it exactly right. Good for you."

DH to me, later: "She's an unusual child."

Labels: ,


7 Comments:

Blogger CalvaryGirl said...

Awwwww! that's so cute, lol how old are they again? I keep seeing the pics in the sidebar and thinking of them as so little *g*

6:13 AM  
Blogger Madeleine said...

Sure signs of growing up! Wow.

7:07 AM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

They are 7, 6 and almost 3 now. I do need to get some new pics in the sidebar, don't I?

7:25 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Wonderful child!

It reminds me of my brother, who would comment on his amazement when I would do things he didn't teach me.

And already AJ is passing it on to M&M. :)

9:43 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Too cute. Reading the backs of things has taught her good problem-solving skills, which is, unfortunately, as your husband said, pretty unusual these days. It's a lost art, solving problems via critical thinking!

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smart cookie!

9:17 AM  
Blogger simplegifts3 said...

She is smart! And hi, I haven't stopped in in a long time.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home