Thursday, July 31, 2008

Plugging Along

DH has been sick this week, but he's finally well enough to go in to work today. It seems to be the same bug Ebee had . . . it will be interesting to see whether he gets a rash or not.

He was sicker than Ebee was--the worst part with a fever and all really only lasted a day for her, and for him it was more like 2 or 3 days. (Ebee is fine, BTW, and it most likely was some other virus, especially since apparently Rubella is very rare in the USA, and because those of us who have been vaccinated are catching what seems to be the same illness too.)

AJ and M&M have seemed like they're fighting something off and on, but so far haven't gotten sick. I have a sore throat and am extra-tired this morning, so hopefully it's just allergies and not enough sleep. :)

Yesterday I took our entries over to the fair. AJ made a big purple "alien warrior" out of an old rice milk case to enter as "scrap art," M&M entered a picture she painted, and AJ drew a picture of a "happy daddy" to enter. I entered 4 photos and a mint green crocheted afghan, and took over a couple of photos each for my mom and sister. So photos of our family will be rather well-represented in the competition.

I dreamed last night that one of my pictures won a blue ribbon. :)

We always really enjoy the fair. I've been going to it and entering various contests and shows there ever since I can remember. It's fun to see your work displayed even if it doesn't win anything, and I always enjoy finding entries made by people I know and looking at the ones by people I don't know.

AJ really wanted an animal to enter in the fair--the idea of doing something like rabbit or dog 4-H really appeals to her. I think she'd do a good job with it.

We've been hoping to eventually get a pet, possibly next year. But this week SIL The Mentor rescued a little shetland sheepdog that sounds like it might potentially be a good fit for our family. I've always liked shelties, and SIL says this one is exceptionally sweet, gentle, friendly and well-behaved. She already knows how to do things like heel and go to the bathroom on command.

So I talked to DH and the kids, and we decided to try for her. SIL took the dog to the shelter, where hopefully they'll find her owner if one is looking for her. If not she'll most likely go up for adoption.

We are going to at least try to get our house and yard ready for the home study by Sunday so we can go take a look at her as soon as (if) she is cleared for adoption. It would be special to get a dog on Ebee's birthday.

Labels:


2 Comments:

Blogger CalvaryGirl said...

New pets are so special and such a fun time for the family. Maybe you will get a blue ribbon! We've never done anything like that. A couple of eyars ago Jackson's teacher entered one of his pictures and it won 2nd place for his grade level. We were so excited :o)

11:52 AM  
Blogger Sparrow said...

A dog, huh? That's exciting.

Too bad everyone is getting sick. My stomach and bowels have been particularly unhappy this week. I wasn't sure what it was, but my tutor said something is going around with those symptoms.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home