Saturday, August 02, 2008

PSA: Blog Browser-Crashing Issues

Is your blog shutting down your browser? If you're getting a page won't load--abort error message on your blog, it seems to be an issue with SiteMeter and Internet Explorer.

If you remove the SiteMeter counter script, then it works fine. Apparently using Firefox also helps, but it doesn't help everyone else who is still running IE.

Or you can try some of the other fixes in the comments on this post. There are instructions for fixing the IE7 bug, and also for moving the SiteMeter script to a different part of your template so it won't cause problems.

Labels: , ,


4 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I've been using Firefox since I started blogging, but Adam still uses IE. I finally installed Firefox on his computer for my own use because IE was just bugging me so much!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Sparrow said...

Your blog kept having errors for me last night, but it seems to be working fine now.

11:19 AM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Yeah, that's because I removed SiteMeter. :)

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came across your blog while googling info on allergies. My 9 month old seems to be allergic to alot of foods but after reading your blogs on Ebee, I think it might be an intolerance. She seems to have some of the same things that her body can't handle like your little one. I was wondering if you could send me some websites you found and a list of her foods that were triggers. Did she grow out of it all as I see she is now allergy free. Thanks for your help and you can email me at LKIENTZ@gmail.com.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home