Sunday, March 01, 2009

News

We're still sick here, so we ended up canceling our normal weekend activities. I fully intended to get up and get some things done around the house today, but I ended up just going back to bed and staying there most of the day.

I don't like being sick, but I'm very thankful when it happens on the weekend and DH is able to let me rest. He was feeling better today and I let him sleep all afternoon and evening yesterday, so it worked out.

Tomorrow an 18-year-old college student is moving in with us for a few weeks. She needed a place to stay for the rest of the term, and advertised that she'd be willing to help with housework/childcare in exchange for rent. Her references gave her glowing reviews. I still need to find a reputable place online to run a background check tonight, but assuming nothing surprising shows up on that, the kids and I will go get her and her luggage tomorrow afternoon.

The kids loved her immediately when they met her, and DH and I liked her too. AJ has moved in with M&M and Ebee so our Art Student can have AJ's room.

I'm also looking for a place to stay a couple of hours North and then 4.5 hours Southwest of here for the next two weekends. DH did not approve of the sleeping in the van idea at all. I guess it was rather a harebrained idea (pun intended, since we're talking about rabbit shows, har har).

The girls and I can drive to the show next weekend and back the day of the show if we need to, but it would be helpful if we could find a place to stay Friday night so we don't have to get up in the wee hours of the morning on Saturday. I'll work on finding a place to sleep at the coast the next weekend, too.

Labels: ,