Monday, August 02, 2010

Melting my Heart

Ebee came into my bedroom this morning, climbed into my lap for a snuggle, and said, "Mom, I'm going to be FIVE tomorrow!"

"Yes, you are," I said. "I can hardly believe it. Five is too old. I think you should stay four."

She shook her head. "Mom, I'm not going to stay four. I have to grow up."

"I know. But will you still be my little girl--my baby?"

She smiled up at me and hugged me more tightly. Then she said, "I'll be older. But I'll still love you."

Labels: , , ,


3 Comments:

Blogger Laury said...

What wisdom she has:) Sweet sweet...

12:41 PM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

I'm all verklempt.

And amazed...FIVE? How can she be five? I remember waiting for you to post that she had arrived!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Sparrow said...

Awww. Can't believe she'll be five tomorrow.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home