Saturday, July 30, 2005

Breakfast in Bed

Saturday is my day . . . DH takes the kids and lets me have the day to do whatever I want. Usually "whatever I want" entails sleeping in until at least late morning.

Often when I finally wake up DH has taken the kids out somewhere, and I putter around to find something simple to eat and then either stay home and relax, go out shopping, take my Bible and notebook to a bookstore or cafe for some uninterrupted quiet time, or whatever. That weekly stretch of kid-free time is one of the best gifts in my life. The girls love their Saturday mornings with Daddy, too.

This morning around 10, DH came in with breakfast on a tray for me. I wish I'd taken a picture--it all looked so lovely. Orange juice and a tangerine. Fabulous big, fluffy pancakes with a little pitcher of brown sugar syrup and a pile of scrambled eggs, all from scratch.

He's always been able to make better pancakes than I, but the eggs floored me. I didn't even know he knew how to make them that way rather than the less-labor-intensive way he makes them for the kids. But he captured "my way" perfectly--and I'm picky about my eggs. Each bite was perfectly moist, fluffy and separated. The pancakes were heavenly, too. And the syrup--I don't know if he'd ever made syrup from scratch before either. It was all so delicious. Wow. I feel so spoiled.

DH, you outdid yourself. Thank you, Darling, for a fabulous breakfast. Thank you for your weekly sacrifice of Saturdays. I love you.

Right now, I'm going back to bed. But I had to brag about my Dear Husband for just a minute first. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From a female's perspective Mark, you are nothing less than a hero!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

NICE BRAG! That is so sweet. And, let me tell you, you keep feeding baby fun food, and that kid won't leave the hotel.

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home