Friday, July 29, 2005

Eviction Notice

All right, Baby E. Today is officially your due date. So, if you haven't already packed your bags and started getting ready to leave your nice comfy home, you'd better do it now.

As Running2Ks said (I hope you heard her), "no one keeps a baby in for a year." Let's not be the first, OK?

Liz, Corndog, KLee, PhantomScribbler, HalloweenLover, Deborah and all the rest of us are wishing you a safe, quick and healthy trip to join the world, and Richard Lawrence Cohen, Sheri, Heather, Brightstar, JT, KibitzingShiksa, Rach, Kevin Edwards, jo(e), Allison and many many others (including Daddy and your big sisters, of course) are eagerly waiting to hear about it.

There. If you posted a comment on my blog this week, you've earned a link. If I missed anyone, let me know. :) (I'll add an honorary link to Agent95 even though technically he didn't actually post.) Sorry, but the person (who shall remain nameless) who posted solely to spam for their commercial website (and whose post quickly--ahem--disappeared) does NOT get a link. You have to post an actual comment specifically geared toward my personal blog to earn that doubtful honor.

KLee does deserve special mention because, thanks to all of us convincing her over at PhantomScribbler's blog, she just started up her own blog yesterday. I'm of the firm belief that if she hadn't wanted to do it anyway, she wouldn't have been convince-able, so I'm glad she did. It looks promising.

I went grocery shopping last night for the ingredients to make ice cream and chicken enchiladas. When I'm pregnant, I can tolerate far more lactose in my diet than when not, for some unknown reason. I decided I may as well enjoy it while I can.

Several people at the store asked me casually, "When are you due?" and then exploded with, "What in the world are you doing here, then!!!"

I just smiled and told them I was trying to put myself into labor. That seemed to be quite an effective comeback.

Nobody offered to help me pack or carry my groceries, although plenty saw fit to tell me I shouldn't be doing it.

12 Comments:

Blogger Liz Miller said...

Gee whiz, p_k! That little sweetie must be digging in all her fingers and toes to stay put.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Xinyi said...

waiting to hear the good news! will be checking in now and then:).

2:54 PM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

I remember being told that if my water broke in a grocery store, I should smash a jar of pickles on the floor and run like heck :) GOOD LUCK!

3:42 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog! My best wishes for you and your upcoming babyness!

I [heart] babies!

4:20 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

Okay, I didn't mean to leave a comment where every sentence enede with an exclamation point. That makes me seem way more perky than I actually am in real life.

*wink*

4:21 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I know your pain. You just want that baby out NOW! My second was three days late, it might not sound too bad, but when your waiting it is! My third girl I walked for 2 miles (not trying to go into labor it was a month before my due date, but being pregnant during the winter and then haveing 70 degree day I thought that a little walk to pick my oldest up from school wouldn't hurt!) My water broke later that day. Oops!

4:42 PM  
Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

hmmm... no one volunteered to help?!? I would have helped. :)

yum. enchiladas!

5:41 PM  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

I second Sarah. Baby Blue arrived after a three-mile walk.

LG arrived after half a box of black licorice (the real stuff, like the brand with the panda on it). But my father-in-law says the licorice trick is not good to try if you have a history of high blood pressure or pre-eclampsia.

Poor PK! You better not be around commenting on blogs tomorrow! Do you hear me baby girl? I mean it!

7:51 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Liz, she is digging in all her fingers and toes--I can feel it.

Xinnamon, thanks for dropping by!

R2K--with both of my first two babies, my water never broke before they were born. The mw broke A's water just before she came out, and M was born in her water bag. But I guess that doesn't necessarily mean anything for this time around.

Jenn, welcome to my blog! You may use as many exclamation points as you want to here. Me, I overuse smiley faces. :)

Sarah and Phantom, inspired by you the whole family went for a brisk walk around the neighborhood tonight. Maybe we didn't walk long enough though . . .

Brightstar, it wasn't that nobody offered to help that I found so funny. It was that they stood there and told me I shouldn't be doing it without offering to help. KWIM?

We didn't have the enchiladas tonight, BTW. I cooked up the chicken and we had chicken, mashed potatoes and baby carrots tonight. After dinner I deboned the rest of the chicken and put it in the refrigerator in preparation for making enchiladas tomorrow. I decided it would make more sense to do it that way.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

That IS an excellent comeback; I'll have to remember to use that some day... I'm sure it will have similarly stunning effect. :)

I got a big kick out of your last two paragraphs. Thanks. :)

10:10 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

ROFLOL, Kevin. Next time you're pregnant, feel free to use that comeback. I'm sure everyone will be stunned--in more ways than one.

12:12 AM  
Blogger KLee said...

P-K -- thanks for the link to my blog, and also thanks for thinking I have promise. You're right in thinking that you guys didn't have to twist my arm too hard...I guess I'm easily talked into things. :) I am linking you back, so there! :P

My daughter was 2 weeks late, so I know your frustration. Tell Baby E that if she doesn't come out on her own, you're sending people in white coats in after her!

My husband used to yell at the Offspring through my bellybutton, telling her that holding people up was not the way to start her life. She made us wait extra for her, and it's a trend that continues to this day!

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home