Friday, January 20, 2006

Not that kind of die.

This morning the girls asked me, "Mommy, are you going to make your hair dead?"

"No, this doesn't make it dead. This is called hair dye. Dye is something that gives things color. It's going to make my hair a different color."

AJ: "Why do you want it to be a different color?"

"Because I want it to be brown, instead of brown and grey."

MM: "So you want to make it like somebody else's hair?"

"I want to make it like my own hair was when I was younger."

MM: "Mommy, after you make your hair dead, then you'll be a different person!"

"No, I won't be a different person. My hair will just be a different color."

AJ: "Then you'll be a kid again!"

"No, I'll just be a grownup with brown hair."

MM: "Are you going to make your eyes dead, too? Because if you have brown eyes then I won't like you any more."

AJ: "I will! I want a Mommy with brown eyes! I want everybody in our family to have brown eyes. I don't like people with blue eyes. I want us all to have brown eyes."

5 Comments:

Blogger Running2Ks said...

That is so funny--how kids think. K1 used to say she was a different kid when she wore ponytails.

I hope you love your new dead 'do and look like your old (young) self :)

12:31 PM  
Blogger ccw said...

That is such a cute story! I love how kids view things like this.

I hope your "dead" hair turned out great and that your eyes stay whatever color you choose.

9:59 AM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

I actually haven't dyed it yet. Since I want to get it cut, I decided it would make more sense to wait.

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That reminds of a dear little one who asked me if they all lied at the library. ;-)

9:15 PM  
Blogger Richard Lawrence Cohen said...

This is definitely one I'd send to that friend of yours.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home