Monday, April 17, 2006

Pediatrician

I think we've found our pediatrician. Dr. B was my pediatrician when I was growing up. He's still practicing medicine and is now seeing some of my cousins' kids.

Baby E has been scratching her ears a lot the last few days, so, even though she didn't seem to be in pain, I decided to have them checked. Besides, it would be a good opportunity to see Dr. B. and talk to him about how we want to approach vaccinations, etc.

Dr. B. was very professional, and friendly enough though not chatty. He listened to me carefully, took Baby E's allergies seriously, and was willing to work with me on a modified vaccination schedule.

He also said that Baby E has "a good-looking pair of ears." No sign of infection; apparently they're just itchy. That, or Baby E just discovered a most fascinating pair of interestingly-shaped appendages on the sides of her head to play with.

She's also cutting four new teeth.

5 Comments:

Blogger Becci said...

Sounds like you found a good dr. I know how important it is! Hope your ankle is feeling better, too. Are you up and around more?

7:01 PM  
Blogger Sparrow said...

Yay!

oh, and I have my Monday Memory up...are you skipping this week?

7:33 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Miraclebaby, yes I was able to actually walk on it today, although it's still bothering me quite a bit.

Amy, I forgot about MM so I guess I'm skipping it this week, as I don't have time for it now.

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's nice to have a doc you can trust! still wondering about my ped - but at least she's open minded about not doing vac's for the 1st year. We just had the kids exposed to chicken pox!! I can't wait to see what happens!!! it will be great to get that taken care of as I'd hate for a girl to deal with it in her private spot. I think the kids' immunity is pretty high as they didn't get sick after being exposed to a nasty flu virus when their cousins were here... bless their heart!
Colleen

12:06 PM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Hooray for a doctor you can trust!

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home