Friday, February 29, 2008

Folk Dancing

A snippet of today's breakfast conversation:

E-bee: I don't weawwy dow how to do bowk danding; do you dow how to do bowk danding?

AJ: Not really, but I know a few moves. Clapping is very popular in folk dancing.

M&M: Yes, but in folk dancing they clap NEXT to their face, not in front of their face like AJ just did.

Mommy: I'll bet people clap different ways in different kinds of folk dances. Maybe in some they clap beside their faces and in others they clap in front of their faces.

I think this afternoon we'll have to try to find some good clips of Israeli folk dances on the internet. :) Yesterday we made a list of all the animals we knew of that lived in Israel. Then we read about fennec foxes and found some great video clips of them.

Bonus quote: E-Bee just said, "Oh, doodness, dewe's dowews in wee dadoom."

Bonus points to anyone who can figure out what that means. (Clue: it's not related to folk dancing.)

Labels: ,


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Oh, goodness, there's towels in the bathroom." ??? --Kathy J.

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am changing my guess: "...there's flowers in the bathroom." --Kathy J.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Adam suggests "Oh, goodness, there's dwarves in the bedroom."

I'm guessing "towers" in the bedroom.

4:53 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Kathy's second guess was right . . . M&M had picked a handful of violets and left them in the bathroom.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

PK - I had the same spammer - I just deleted the comments.

E-bee's dialect is very cute!

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo, hoo! I changed my guess, as I figured she wouldn't be shocked by towels in the bathroom. :)

9:05 AM  
Blogger Megin said...

An educated discussion on folk-dancing??? My kind of girls! *smile* We're big folk fans here. We haven't gotten to the dancing part, but the kiddo likes to sing along with several albums.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home