Thursday, August 25, 2005

Whew

DH is home. Finally. He's tired, sore, sunburned and has blisters on his feet from his Disney World adventure yesterday. Somehow, I don't feel too sorry for him. :) I'm glad he had a good time though.

SIL The Mentor came over this morning to watch the two older girls while I took the van to get new tires. They put me on rush because I had less than an hour before I needed to leave for the airport.

Baby E slept the whole time and I got to sit in the tire store's waiting room and read the newspaper in peace and quiet. Wow, that felt good. I don't know how long since I've gotten to sit down and read a newspaper. Life's small luxuries seem very sweet in persective.

My sister J went along with the kids and me for the ride to pick DH up at the airport. She's leaving early tomorrow morning to go back and finish her degree, so we won't see her again until Thanksgiving. It was sad to say goodbye, and I'm really glad she made time to see us before she left.

Baby E's stuffy nose is worse and the discharge is getting thicker and yellower. She's gasping and gagging every now and then. The SIDS alarm went off last night and when I woke up she was gasping and choking. Very frightening. So I'm taking her to the doctor (not the doctor we saw for her two-week appointment) in an hour.

I'm really glad DH is home. The girls are so excited. He's sitting with all three of them in his lap right now, showing them a map of Disney World and telling them all about it.

The girls (and I) are probably going to have a hard time tomorrow morning when he leaves for work, but at least he'll be home in the evening and then we'll have the weekend together. Hopefully we'll get some rest.

4 Comments:

Blogger Running2Ks said...

I am glad you are getting the help you need. And I hope Baby E's nose clears up soon!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

What r2ks said.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

When my daughter was less than two weeks old we thought she'd gotten a cold because of all the extra mucous, coughing and gagging. How could she possibly have a cold? She hadn't left the house, no one sick had been near her, etc. The ped said it was left over from the birth, and this was pretty common. We did a lot of suctioning with the bulb syringe, and after a while it was all gone. Hopefully this is the case with baby E, too.

Hope you are able to get some good rest after your trying week!

10:07 AM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Thanks, R2Ks and Liz.

Julie, how long did it last with your daughter? Baby E is 24 days old and it seems to be getting worse if anything.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home