Thursday, December 28, 2006

Cuteness

AJ's drawing of the park

After breakfast this morning, AJ asked, "Mom, could I please have some pure white paper so I can draw lots of beautiful pictures for everyone?"

She entertained herself quite happily that way for most of the morning. The picture above is of AJ and M&M at the park. I love the "beautiful snow-capped mountains in the distance."

Meanwhile, M&M read aloud to herself and/or Baby E from a book of short stories we got at the library Tuesday night. In two days, she read straight through all nine stories, from "The Poky Little Puppy" to "How the Turtle Got Its Shell."

It is really cute hearing a 4-year-old do all the different voices in "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" and explain the pictures to her baby sister.

Baby E was in a good mood despite her poor sleep and tummyache last night, and diarrhea today. I still haven't figured out whether it's the teething, an illness, or something she ate causing the tummy trouble.

As I was taking my medicine this morning, she told me "dood dob!" and clapped for me. Tonight she started wiggling in her chair to the music playing in the background, grinned at me, and said, "I datze." [Translation: I dance.]

#########

Later, she headed downstairs and I said, "Where are you going?" and she said, "Di doll." I said, "You're going to find your doll? Where is it?" She looked at me like I was being silly and pointed as she surfed on her tummy down the steps, "Down decks."

She's been asking to use the potty a lot lately, shaking her little fist and saying "otty!" I bought training pants for her today . . . we'll see how soon we end up actually using them.

All in all, it was a fairly peaceful day. I was able to get a few chores done and prepare lunch without too much trouble.

This afternoon I really needed to go pick up Baby E's prescription, but I was worried that if I waited until after nap time I would be starting dinner late. I really have to start cooking a meal 2 to 3 hours before we want to eat it now.

Luckily, our babysitter happened to be available. So I had her come over for an hour to sit with the kids. Even though it was only an hour and I just got the prescription and a few groceries, it was really nice to be out of the house--and by myself, too!

I can't remember the last time I left the house for something that wasn't absolutely necessary, and even necessary errands can feel like a mini-vacation these days. Just that little break helped my mood considerably.

The two older girls didn't get to bed quite as early as I'd hoped, but they were settled down to go to sleep by 8:00.

Baby E and I just finished sharing a smoothie made with strawberry and grapefruit--not unlike a non-alcoholic strawberry margarita in flavor. She didn't like it much--too tangy or too cold--but I did. Mmmm.

She and I will both be going to bed soon. I was going to try to make some kind of crackers or snacky-crunchy thing tonight, but I think that will have to wait.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats to cute both the picture and Baby E telling you "dood dob" for taking her meds. I assume you probably tell her this when she takes hers isn't it funny how they mimic us we just have to be careful of what we say since they aren't very selective of what they mimic are they? Just like Madisons picking up on my using the word "apparently" it seems to be her favorite word lately what is funny though is she actually uses it right. I know what you mean about a chance to get away for even short times when you are home all the time with the kids just a few minutes away can do alot. It sounds though like you guys are feeling a bit better? Am I right? I hope so....

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your kids are just so adorable. And smart! And funny!

I'm glad to see you seem to be feeling better.

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture is so cute! Thanks for the comment yesterday. As far as the clothing needs, we need several things for the next size up (6-9mos.) and anything beyond that size, too.

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very very cute. all of it.

11:55 AM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

my4kids, isn't it cute how they use such big words so well after hearing us do it?

Liz, thank you.

Miraclebaby, Baby E is just growing out of that size. I'll look and see what I have.

Thanks, Mommyham.

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes it is! I love it when they use big words you don't even realise you use so much.

2:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home