Sunday, December 09, 2007

Life and Death

Baby GE

Our newest niece was born last week, November 28. She's named after DH's mom and her middle name is very similar to Baby E's middle name. Her initials are the same as her big sister G who is a few months younger than Baby E.

After 5 days in the hospital, Baby GE finally got to go home. She's beautiful and healthy. Last night her family--Adventurous BIL, Artistic SIL, big brother J, Toddler G and Baby GE drove down to a gathering at SIL The Mentor's house. Several of DH's family from out of state and out of country were there, so it was great to see everyone.

I got to hold the baby. She's about the same size Baby E was when she was born. It's hard to remember E being that small. She's gorgeous. She reminded me a little bit of all three of her older siblings--J, William (who would have been 3 now), and G. I could see bits of both sides of the family in her, but she's definitely her own gorgeous little person.

I'm not sure exactly what number grandchild she is for DH's parents--55 I think? There seem to be always a few babies on the way in this family, with DH's parents having had 12 kids and most of them having medium to large size families. I think we and Science Teacher BIL/SIL The Mentor have the fewest children at 3 apiece.



My dad called today to let us know that Lauren died yesterday. She's my second cousin (my dad's cousin's child), but she was only 13 years old. Please keep her family in your prayers. They have had a rough time of it with her dad being seriously ill as well.

My dad's aunt died a couple of weeks ago, too, so it's a difficult time for that side of the family.

Labels: , ,


2 Comments:

Blogger Liz Miller said...

I am thinking of your cousins and hoping that their faith will help them through this.

8:07 PM  
Blogger ccw said...

The baby is gorgeous! Those cheeks are delicious.

I am so sorry about your cousin.

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home