Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Crocheting and other crafty stuff

crochet samples

The girls and I visited a children's boutique in nearby PaperFactory Town today. They had lovely high-end clothing and accessories, but I noticed a distinct lack of crocheted or knitted items. So I asked the owner if she might be interested in seeing some of my crocheting to consider carrying in her store.

She said she would look at them! So I need to get busy and make some new things.

Here are some pictures of previous projects I've enjoyed doing . . . the rest of this post is very image-heavy. :)

###########################

Baby and doll sweaters:

cream sweater

cream sweater detail

boat sweater

white fingerweight sweater

Morning Sky modeling hat

sweater arm

grey sweater sets

white hooded sweater

ladybug set

ladybug set on Zapf Amy

sherpa-look sweater

A shawl I made:
my shawl

Another shawl:

shawl 2

Closeups of a few afghans (more afghan pics here, here and here):

heart afghan

mint afghan

daisy detail

pink pineapples

butterfly afghan detail

Some baby booties:

pink booties

white booties

A funny little bear:

bear face

baby bear

A bigger bear:

big bear

It's not crocheting, but in looking for these pictures I came across a couple of photos of projects I woodburned:

tigerbox

clock

I wonder what I should make next?

Labels: , ,


7 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

Wow! Best wishes in selling your art; it sounds very exciting.

12:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful work! Do you design your own patterns? If so, do you ever post them?

12:18 PM  
Blogger KLee said...

Absolutely beautiful! I can't knit or crochet, but now I wish I could! I especially love the shawls.

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lummy! You have been productive.
Cheers

6:41 PM  
Blogger Jenny F. Scientist said...

Wow! I'm very impressed. I've crocheted for years, but you're an order of magnitude better than I'll ever be. Those are really beautiful! I'd buy them!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Yowza! Those are beautiful!

1:42 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Thanks, Kevin, klee, maddy, jenny, liz. I've only sold things online so far, not through a brick and mortar store.

Heike, I do design a few of my own patterns but haven't posted any yet. I'm just starting to really get into making my own; mostly I've just made alterations to existing patterns.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home