Friday, May 23, 2008

Why Purple_Kangaroo? (Eleventy-One Things #49)

Eleventy-One Things About Me #49: Why Purple_Kangaroo?

I've frequently been asked why I chose the username Purple_Kangaroo.

No, I'm not from Australia--although I do have a lovely Aussie sister-in-law whom I love very much. There are several people around the internet with this username, so
I guess it's not all that unique.

But to me, the name Purple_Kangaroo is meaningful.

When I was going through a difficult and confusing time in my life, I commented to a friend, "I feel like someone handed me a purple kangaroo with no instructions, and I don't know what to do with it."

She replied, "Me too. So let's each take our purple kangaroo to God and tell him all about it, from the long tail to the funny bounce, and let Him help us with it."

The purple kangaroo became a symbol for me of all the crazy and difficult things life throws my way, and a reminder that when I am at a loss and confused, I need only to turn to my Lord Jesus and he will be there to help me through.

God has taken me through a lot of difficulties and challenges in my life. But He has always been faithful to sustain me and carry me through. He is my hope and my comfort, an ever-present help in time of trouble. He is the reason that I live.

The name Purple_Kangaroo is a reminder to me of that.

Labels:


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well,It is strange name but Meaningful...BTW Purple kangaroo is new to my Ears LOL...Nice Topic XP

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home